Bentonite is a form of highly plastic clay. Bentonite is of a great commercial importance possessing inherent bleaching properties like fuller's earth, hence, it is known as bleaching clay. Sodium bentonite is usually referred to as bentonite, whereas calcium bentonite is called Fuller's earth. Our Industrial grade Bentonite powder have excellent plasticity and lubricity, high dry-bonding strength, high shear and compressive strength, low permeability and low compressibility.
- Foundry Bentonite is used as a bonding material in the preparation of molding sand for the production of iron, steel and non-ferrous casting.
- Iron Ore Pelletizer Bentonite is used as a binding agent in the production of iron ore pellets. Through this process, iron ore fines are converted into spherical pellets, suitable as feed material in blast furnaces for pig iron production and in the production of direct reduction iron (DRI).
- Construction Bentonite due to its viscosity and plasticity is widely used in manufacturing of Portland cement and mortars.
- Wastewater Purification Its absorption property is very useful for wastewater purification..
- Drilling It is conventionally used as a mud constituent for oil and water well drilling. It helps in sealing the borehole walls, in removing drill cuttings and in lubricating the cutting head.
- Clarification Agent It is widely used in the removal of impurities in oils. In drinks such as beer, wine and mineral water, and in products like sugar or honey, bentonite is used as a clarification agent.
- Agriculture It is used as an animal feed supplement and in the production of animal feed pellets. It is also used as an ion exchanger for improvement and conditioning of the soil. When thermally treated, it can be used as a porous ceramic carrier for various herbicides and pesticides.
- Pharmaceuticals Bentonite is used as filler in pharmaceuticals, and due to its absorption/adsorption functions, it allows paste formation. Such applications include industrial protective creams, calamine lotion, wet compresses, and antiirritants for eczema.
- Personal care products such as mud packs, sunburn paint, baby and face powders, and face creams contains bentonite
- Paints Bentonite helps as an thickening agent in varnishes, and in water and solvent paints
- Paper It helps in conversion of pulp into paper as well as to improve the quality of the paper. Bentonite also offers useful de-inking properties for paper recycling.